Thursday, May 16, 2013

Queen Laura


I love Wednesday mornings.

 Let me tell you why.

Every day the kids get a dance break at 9:30. All of them go outside to the track for half an hour and do upbeat dances to songs like Gangnam Style.
It’s one of the reasons why I love my school.

On Wednesday mornings I have a meeting with Susie, my team leader, which means I end up walking to school at dance break time.
And as the students file out of their buildings to go dance, this AWESOME here-comes-the-emperor music comes on over the loudspeakers (maybe it’s the national anthem. I don’t know. There are trumpets and drums and other important-sounding instruments.)

Now, I want you to picture this in your mind:
Miss Love is walking across the empty basketball courts.
Suddenly, this regal music comes on.
A smile creeps over her face and she begins to strut.
And she struts and smiles like a blissful fool all the way down the basketball courts until the song is over.

Why am I smiling? Because my thoughts look like this:
Here comes the powerful empress! Bow to the queen!
All my students shall love and adore me. They shall bear me to class on a litter and kiss my hand in reverence!
Honor the mighty Miss Love!
Strut, strut, strut!

Get me a scepter. Queen Laura has arrived. 



1 comment:

  1. So your thought process? It reminds me of Galadriel when Frodo offers her the ring in The Fellowship. I thought you should know, that I heard everything you said in a creepy devil-woman voice...

    ReplyDelete