Saturday, June 1, 2013

Children's Day

The great thing about China is that they celebrate the international holidays that America does not. 
For example: Children's Day (June 1st).
Which is what we celebrated all last week. 

Each of our school's three sections had a bajillion performances Monday-Wednesday and then on Thursday they covered the walkway of the school with sidewalk chalk. On Friday, after a week of hardly any real school, Miss Love's classes watched Mickey Mouse cartoons because she knew the kids wouldn't be coerced into doing anything useful. 

The foreign teachers had to perform a dance for each section's English performance, and some of us also performed with our classes...meaning that I sang "It's a Small World", "One Little, Two Little, Three Little Indians", "Days of the Week", and "Louie, Louie, Louie, How Are You?" on stage for all to see.
It turned out to be the highlight of my week however, because my co-teacher felt so bad for asking me to help her with her performances that she asked Fabio to sing with me because she knows I adore him. 
Neither of us had practiced with the group on stage, but it turned out ok. 
I'm not sure which of us was more excited about performing with the other.
(probably me)











No comments:

Post a Comment